Thursday, June 18, 2009

Where Should Randy Go Next Sweepstakes

I only have a few days left in Bormio, then my itinerary is completely blank. I think I am going to extend beyond my origainally planned return date of July 7, but it's time to start building my extended plan. I need your help.

I can't offer any big prizes, but whoever makes the best suggestion for where in Europe I go next will get a souvenir from that location. Bike, hike, beach - anything is in play. I have an unlimited Eurail Pass, so I can go about anywhere, just keep in mind that I have a bike and all the related weight to lug around.

In case you don't already do so, please click on the "...and now, For Something Completely Different" link in your e-mail to go to my blog. From there, you can enter a comment so that everyone else can share and chime in with their opinions.

Here is the map of all of the destinations that have been suggested so far. Green have already been visited, blue have not. My current location (Bormio) is in red. (remember - you can you view maps if you go to my blog - not from your e-mail message). Also, remember that you can zoom and pan around the map to make it easier to view details.


Visualizza Possible Destinations in una mappa di dimensioni maggiori

Please don't wait. I have let this go too long, and I need somewhere to go!. Such a problem to have.

Thank you.

9 comments:

  1. Am I the only one who leaves comments?

    And my answer is Ireland. Oh wait, that isn't on this map. Maybe try a dart board?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For an extra geeky experience, how about heading over to Geneva and riding over/above the CERN particle accelerator. I believe the ring circumference is around 17 miles, so you'd have to circle it 5 or 6 times...as a recovery ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... 'mappa', 'zoom avanti'... I don't speak Italian!

    My dart landed on Innsbruck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dubrovnik or Sarajevo. Years ago had a couple corporate clients who were visiting professors at Univ. of Wyoming. Have never had such fervent recommendations from anyone regarding their hometowns. At the time Sarajevo was under siege, and the fellow spoke of it with tears in his eyes. The city has since recovered.
    I've not known anyone who has visited either place.
    Enjoy whatever the choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok- I don't want Dawn to think she is the only one who leaves comments, plus I can not pass up a sweepstakes! Ok- the Porters highly recommend the following restaurant. Being a fellow foodie, you should check it out. La Loggetta - La Locanda nel Loggiato, in Cortona, Italy. It is in the main piazza.They have traveled tons and this is one of their favorites. I would like a souvenir matchbook from the restaurant if I win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie - Cortona would have been a good side-trip from Siena, but after 3 visits there already on this trip, I don't think I am going to get back. I added a pin to the map for the next trip. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn - I thought you were until this recent flurry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Randy, Le Tour starts on 4 July in MONACO! Only 16k from Italy! This is a no brainier. Stash the bike, hop the train and head for the Principality. It can be frightfully expensive, but you will be too jazzed to sleep. I think the Fontville neighborhoods is affordable. Beach, Le Tour, Mountains, beautiful people and the first stage of the Gyro and Le Tour in the same trip? What more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Randy,

    What happened with Mortorolo? I was anticipating your review of the climb. Did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete

 
* Google Analytics Code Block