Monday, April 6, 2009

Time's Ticking


The countdown timer I put on this site was intended to generate excitement for the upcoming adventure. I am excited, but seeing that timer tick down (currently at 28 days), it also induces a bit of anxiety. There is so much left to do. Some of the bigger palm sweaters are:

  • Hand off duties at work
  • Complete the department's business plan so everyone is clear on what needs to be done while I am away
  • Find a tenant for my house
  • Get a lease renewed on the rental unit
  • Figure out how to notify people when I update this blog
  • Arrange logistics to get bills paid and rent deposited
  • Book my flights
  • Figure out rail pass strategies
  • Plan the itinerary for tracking the Giro
  • Book a trip with a Giro tour operator
  • Research must-see destinations and continue to build my itinerary
  • Arrange for house maintenance
  • Order remaining gear for travel and touring
  • Learn some Italian
    • Since this primarily a bike trip, it also wouldn't be a bad thing if the weather would let me get a few hours in the saddle.

      It sounds like I haven't done anything, but that's not true. The list of things that have been completed is at least as long. Just need to keep making progress.

      Tick...Tick...

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

       
      * Google Analytics Code Block