Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's "On"!

The timer has counted down to zero. The out of office message at my office says that I will be back on October 5, 2009. I'm on sabbatical!

Thanks to "the gang" who came out to Mazzola's for dinner tonight. It was good to speak English one last time.

I will be up late packing tonight, then off to the physical therapist at 7:30 tomorrow morning for a quick tune-up. My knee decided to give me a going-away present by swelling up a bit on Monday. No particular injury, so I hope a little manipulation will make the maniscus happy again for a while.

Tomorrow will be a whirl-wind of preparations, then Alpine Taxi will pick me up for the drive down to Denver. I'll see my brother, Tim, in Denver and fly out Thursday morning.

Next post will be on the ground in Italy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I missed your send-off! Wanted to bring you a St. Christopher Medallion--the patron saint of travel. But, thought you probably don't want anything else to cart around. We wish you the very best and are sincerely looking forward following you on your adventure. Mason is especially excited about it! xoxoxo mmk

    ReplyDelete

 
* Google Analytics Code Block