Friday, April 24, 2009

Possible Destinations

You can view my itinerary at any time by clicking on the "My itinerary" link in the "Relevant Web Sites" section of the right column. You can tell that I have a substantial amount of time that is not booked yet. That is mostly by design, but also a function of the clock ticking down on me.

I compiled a map this evening that shows all of the places various people have recommended that I see while in Europe. It is becoming apparent that I will not be able to do it all, but this map will help me pick off gems as I pass through various regions. I'm sure this map will get even more busy as I meet people along the way who tell me everything that I must see and do.


View Possible Destinations in a larger map

All Techies - you're done reading
I expect to be using Google maps extensively on this trip. People who use these a lot need no explanation, but those who don't, here are a few things you can do to make the map useful.
Click and drag or use the arrows in the upper left corner to pan around the map

Double click or click the '+' symbol to zoom in

Double right-click or click the '-' symbol to zoom out

Click on the map title directly below to enlarge the entire map (in this case "Possible Destinations")

Click on any of the tags to see the location name and any comments I have entered

Click on 'Map', 'Sat'-ellite or 'Ter'-rain in the upper right corner to change the map background


That's about all you need to successfully navigate Google Maps.

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't appear as if you're going to be that far north, but if you decide to head up towards Galway, I suggest a visit to the Aran Islands.

    Or, the Cliffs of Moher in County Clare (not nearly so far north), just as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New suggestions noted and added to map. Thank you.

    I also added some enthusiastic suggestions from Billy Kidd (cable car from Cervinia to Zermatt and into Chamonix).

    ReplyDelete

 
* Google Analytics Code Block