Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stage 3

Miles from Home - 5396.1 miles
Firsts / Highlights - First third-category climb of the Giro. I made the front page.
Miles Riden - 50.8 miles
Vertical Feet - 3,966 ft
Route - View Today's Route Here.



Quick update today. Rode much of the third stage course, including the only somewhat significant (category-3) climb and the finish area. After viewing the mayhem in the finish area, I rode back up the third-category descent and watched the racers come through. This was the first opportunity for the riders to win GPM (King of the Mountains) points. This part of Italy has never hosted a Giro stage in its 100 year history, so the towns and Prosecco vineyards were all dressed up in pink.

I was on the front page of the Italian newspaper (Gazzetta) during the team time trial. I told you I found a good spot. I'll post a picture of the pictue later.

These are long days chasing the Giro. Start riding at 8:30, ride and spectate until 7:00 or 7:30, eat a 4-5 course dinner, go to bed, repeat. I'm not saying they're not good days, but they're long.

2 comments:

  1. If you were wearing Steamboat logo gear when you were on the front page of the paper, could your trip qualify as a work expense? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I need to get the Steamboat jersey, then I'll go after the tax benefits.

    ReplyDelete

 
* Google Analytics Code Block